Calves need water readily in an early stage, and they drink more frequently than older animals. From two weeks old, the calves must have permanent access to fresh water to cover their water requirement. With their growth, the water intake will increase, and water can then be allocated via drinking cups or drinking troughs.
Jyden offers different sizes and types of drinking troughs: free-standing, for suspension on wall and for mounting on wall / post.
A water valve is connected to all drinking troughs, always ensuring clean and enough water for the animals. For free-standing drinking troughs, the animals can drink from both sides. It is recommended to include a minimum of two drinking spots per group of animals.
5 reasons to choose drinking troughs from Jyden
- Several trough sizes and types -> Customized solution
- Good width and moderate depth -> Greater water surface, less waste
- Built-in water circulation -> Prevents frostbite
- Rubber stopper at the bottom -> Easy emptying & cleaning of the tub
- Made of stainless steel -> Ensures stability and long durability