Pig farm in Latvia with 1100 sows
and complete feed mill production 7 tons/hour - see the feed mill in Virtual Reality
Ulbroka farm, owned by Mr. Aivars Kokts, is a large farm with 1100 sows and a full-line production from weaners to finishers. Mr. Aivars Kokts wanted a milling system that was very flexible and scalable.
"Having total control over the quality of the feed is very important, and on-farm mixing ensures the best raw material quality and fresh feed for the animals. The cornerstones in feed production are proportioning, grinding, and mixing, and SKIOLD applies the most thoroughly tested technology and offers a wide range of products particularly within these fields." Mr. Aivars Kokts.
The plant in figures:
- Complete feed mill with SK10T Disc Mill with an hourly production of up to 7 tons feed
- Outdoor buffer silos for the dryer
- Storage silos with temperature monitoring
- Conveying equipment
Apart from the Disc Mill, the feed mill consists of:
- Proportioning silos and macro weighing bin
- 3-step horizontal mixer
- WB500 premix weighing bin with 12 premix hoppers
- Micro dosing for micro minerals
- Manual hopper for adding special raw materials
- Oil addition and 11 silos for ready feed
The entire system is controlled by FlexmixPro II control system, which gives a complete overview of the production.